<$BlogRSDURL$>

kolmapäev, juuni 30, 2004

Milbank

On the Bush administration's hypocrisy and absurdity.

Read it.

"The country's culture is changing from one that has said, 'If it feels good, do it.' "
-- President Bush, May 14.

"I expressed myself rather forcefully, felt better after I had done it."
-- Vice President Cheney, on his bracing Senate-floor language, June 25.


And in yesterday's Times, we see that Kerry has actually put together a fairly effective response tying Cheney's dickheadery to the Bush campaign's Hitler ad:

"They have a picture of Hitler in an ad with me?" Mr. Kerry said. Laughing, he linked the advertisement to Vice President Dick Cheney's use of an expletive in a testy encounter on the Senate floor last week with Patrick J. Leahy, Democrat of Vermont.

"I guess they're getting desperate," Mr. Kerry said, citing Mr. Cheney's use of that profanity and adding that "they're going on the Internet with wild ads.''

"They've spent $85 million in negative, distorting, misleading ads over the course of the last months," the senator said.

"I intend to keep talking about the things that are important to America, not going down into the mud," he said. "And I'm sorry they are."


Well said.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?