<$BlogRSDURL$>

kolmapäev, mai 26, 2004

After Tomorrow

I deal with environmental issues and climate change in my job and I am so sick of writing pieces on The Day After Tomorrow. Every few days there's a new article to write about. It's a movie, people. Come on. I don't remember extensive media debates about nuclear weapons testing when Godzilla came out.

I'm all for debating climate change. We badly need to because it is a real problem. But to sit here and discuss a disaster movie from the makers of Independence Day like it matters is just stupid. The movie heightens awareness of the issue, so now's a good time to talk about it. But why are we wasting our time clarifying exactly how inaccurate the film is? I think we can all agree that the situation the movie portrays is ridiculous and impossible. Can we move on to talking about the real issue now?
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?