<$BlogRSDURL$>

kolmapäev, aprill 07, 2004

Speaking of Safire

A letter in the New York Times yestrerday:

To the Editor:

I was surprised to see my name in William Safire's March 29 column about the United Nations oil-for-food program for Iraq.

Mr. Safire would be well advised not to hold his breath for my telephone call ("call me"), as I am neither embittered nor an ex-United Nations type.

Rather, since 1998 I have been serving as director for Inter-Agency Coordination at the United Nations and am not associated in any way with the oil-for-food program.

As Mr. Safire knows, the secretary general has already ordered an independent inquiry that will bring out all the facts pertaining to this matter.

QAZI SHAUKAT FAREED
New York, March 29, 2004

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?